Garlic Shrimp and Cheesy Grits17 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Shrimp cooked with garlic and onion are served over garlic cheese grits. This is a dish for garlic lovers. Serve with garlic bread, or your preference of bread.” - by AURORAGLXY7
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring chicken broth, milk, and 1 teaspoon garlic to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in grits, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and thoroughly mix in Cheddar cheese; season with salt and black pepper. Set grits aside and keep warm.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and 2 teaspoons garlic until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir shrimp into onion mixture and cook until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent in the center, about 5 more minutes. Stir in hot pepper sauce.
- Serve grits in a large serving bowl topped with shrimp mixture.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 268 cal
- 15.3 g
- 10 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"OMG One of the best dishes I have make in a long time. So good. I highly recommend. And so easy to make...." See more"
"This was great! I added 1/4 cup more milk to the grits, as my grits label said 3 cups liquid to 3/4 cup grits - was glad I did that, or they would have been too thick. I added 1/4 tsp. salt + 1/4 ts..." See morep. pepper to the finished grits. I used 1 bunch chopped *green* onions instead of regular, along with 1 chopped red bell pepper, and sauteed that and the garlic before adding the shrimp. I added 1/8 cup white wine to the mixture while cooking. When the shrimp were finished, I sprinkled salt & pepper over it all, then served the grits over fresh greens to make them wilt a little bit, and added the shrimp to the top. Fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!"
Garlic Cheese Grits with Shrimp
Paul's Shrimp and Grits
Just swipe to see more like this.