Cajun Shrimp with Cheese Grits3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Slightly spicy shrimp are served over creamy grits. Serve this with collard greens on the side...yummmm.” - by WSBLEND
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring milk, water, chicken soup base, and smoked salt to a boil in a saucepan; slowly whisk in grits, reduce heat to low, and cover pan. Simmer until grits are tender and thick, about 20 minutes. Keep grits warm.
- Brown andouille sausage slices with vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; remove sausage and set aside.
- Cook and stir green bell pepper, yellow onion, celery, and jalapeno pepper in the same skillet until onion is tender and translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and Cajun seasoning; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir flour into the vegetables until well coated; gradually stir in fire-roasted tomatoes and white wine, cooking until the sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir bay leaf into the sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes; season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix cooked andouille sausage and shrimp into the sauce and cook, stirring often, until sausage is hot and shrimp are pink and no longer translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses into grits until melted.
- To serve, spoon grits onto a serving plate and top with shrimp, sausage slices, and sauce. Garnish with chopped chives.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 327 cal
- 17.4 g
- 15.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is the best recipe! I had never used cheese grits in my shrimp and grits and I love it this way! I lightened it up a bit with lowfat cheese, chicken andouille sausage and 1 % milk. Delicious!..." See more"
Garlic Cheese Grits with Shrimp
Shrimp over Cheese Grits
Just swipe to see more like this.