American Breakfast Casserole5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Meat, potato, and cheese breakfast casserole. Serve for breakfast for dinner or Sunday brunch with mimosas and coffee. Try mozzarella or pepper jack cheese in place of the Cheddar, or colby-jack in place of the Swiss for variations.” - by TRISH
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease, reserving the drippings.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with the reserved bacon grease.
- Combine the cooked bacon and onion, eggs, hash brown potatoes, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, bell pepper, and green chilies in the prepared baking dish; stir to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven until the eggs are set firm, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let casserole cool 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 292 cal
- 20.9 g
- 10.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious.. I really liked the tang from the cottage cheese.. was different. I'll make this again..." See more"
"I made this for a ladies brunch and everyone thought it was wonderful. I did not change a thing. I will definitely use this again...." See more"
Charleston Breakfast Casserole
Easy Breakfast Casserole from Country Crock(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.