Tomato Aspic1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A refreshing taste of vegetable juice with crisp chopped celery and onion. Lovely served as a side to my 'Ham Salad for Two,' or any other salad one wants. Makes a lovely colorful touch to a summer evening salad plate.” - by Barb Z
Original recipe yields 4 serving
- Fully dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a mixing bowl.
- Combine vegetable juice, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and cloves in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf and cloves.
- Stir onion and celery into vegetable juice.
- Pour vegetable juice mixture over dissolved gelatin; stir gently to blend.
- Refrigerate until set completely, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 41 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 8.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great for 'ladies luncheons'. Chill in ring mold. Unmold onto frilly lettuce lined platter, filling center with ice cold, crisp shrimp and lemon wedges. Nice served with mini lemon poppyseed muffins..." See more. So simple and elegant. Use your imagination for add-ins (minced jalepanos, or cucumber is nice)."
Dollie's Tomato Aspic
Lowcountry Tomato Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.