Schiacciata alla Fiorentina or Italian Easter Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a traditional Italian cake made during Carnivale AND Easter. Some call it a 'Spongy Orange Cake' but we think the texture is between that and a regular cake. It is by far my husband's favorite cake of all time. I've topped it with Avon's Warm Orange Sauce which takes this dump-and-mix cake from GREAT to SPECTACULAR!” - by Candice
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Mix flour, sugar, milk, olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, and nutmeg in a large bowl until batter is well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 165 cal
- 4.6 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"The crumb on this cake is just as described by the author of it. This is an especially perfect cake for those who don't like things really sweet. This was made with oranges picked right off the tree..." See more. We thought this was just perfect for our morning coffee. Be sure to try it with Avon's Warm Orange Sauce. You want to know the best part?? I didn't even have to make it! Candice did! How lucky is that??"
Golden Pound Cake Twinkles
Crumb Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.