Bud's Easy Buttercream Pound Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Perfect for an Easter dessert!” - by Bud
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch tube cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat flour, poppyseed filling, 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, butter, eggs, lemon juice, baking powder, and lemon peel in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until the batter is smooth and thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool the cake thoroughly.
- Beat 1 cup confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon milk with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes; drizzle frosting on cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 521 cal
- 27.2 g
- 63.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was really really dry. I think that the baking time is to long. Unfortunately I threw this in the oven and went out of the kitchen to do some other things so I didn't catch that it was over cooki..." See moreng until the timer went off. I would start checking this at 50 minutes. I do use an oven thermometer so it wasn't the temp. but it did burn a bit on the edges and the sides. The lemon doesn't really come through in the flavor. Little bit sad over this one, its not a cheap recipe to make with all the butter and poppy seed filling,"
Grandmother's Pound Cake II
Easy Valentine's Day Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.