Harvest Noodle Pudding, Fruit Kugel0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“An old-time noodle custard dessert recipe with a bit of a modern twist. Layered egg noodles with apples, pears and dried cranberries baked in sweet custard. It has a warm grandmotherly taste and feeling to it. Simple yet rich in flavor with little effort in preparation sure to please many in the autumn. It takes advantage of apples and pears harvested in the fall along with tangy sweet dried cranberries.” - by MikeP
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with melted butter.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the apple and pear with lemon juice in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat milk, eggs, applesauce, white sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl until just combined.
- Stir cranberries, egg noodles, and apple mixture into the egg mixture; pour in prepared baking dish and cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake noodle pudding in preheated oven until set, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and return pudding to oven to bake until browned, about 10 minutes more; cool to room temperature or serve chilled.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 228 cal
- 8.3 g
- 33.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Cinnamon Noodle Kugel
Fall Harvest Fruit Salad with Whole Grain Croutons
Just swipe to see more like this.