Cabbage Kugel1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Yummy and dense and super easy...a great alternative if you like a potato kugel, can be kosher for Pesach. (Pareve or dairy.)” - by kdsher02
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir cabbage and onion in the butter until the vegetables are very tender and dark brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, matzo meal, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; allow mixture to rest for about 3 minutes.
- Stir cabbage mixture into egg mixture until well mixed; pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake kugel in the preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 146 cal
- 7.8 g
- 16.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good, solid recipe. It's not particularly attractive, and it's not so yummy that I'd make it all year round, but considering it's Passover and I had a cabbage in my fridge it was a good cho..." See moreice. Only a couple notes about the instructions: I cooked in a 9x13 pan, but I think it would have worked better in an 11x7. Also, the instructions say to cook until dark brown, then put in the oven until brown. It was already brown when I put it in! But it does in fact get MORE brown provided you didn't atomize your veggies instead of caramelizing them. It took me more like 45 mins to caramelize the veggies as well. In any case, overall it was a solid way to use up a cabbage during Passover."
Just swipe to see more like this.