Memaw's Lemon Sunshine Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 5 min
“This is the BEST cake I have ever had, hands down! My Memaw used to make this for holidays from Easter to Christmas. It is a family favorite! Easy to make and delicious!” - by ACYGAN
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch fluted tube cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt®).
- Beat lemon cake mix, lemon pudding mix, white sugar, eggs, 1 cup peach nectar, and vegetable oil in a bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until top of cake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes before removing cake to finish cooling on rack.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup peach nectar, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a bowl to make a smooth frosting.
- Place cake on a serving platter; poke holes in top of the cake with a fork. Pour frosting slowly over the cake, allowing frosting to soak into the holes and drizzle down the sides of the cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 445 cal
- 16 g
- 72.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Memaw knows how to make a lemon cake! Moist, delicious, and oh so lemony! Easy to make too! Thank you for sharing!! I didn't make any changes at all!..." See more"
Cindy in Pensacola
"I made this today and we just had a piece of it. It is very moist and very tasty and the frosting/icing is the best part. Anyway, if you are looking for a very moist, peachy, lemony cake, this is p..." See moreerfect. I used a bunt pan and it was done in about 47 minutes. Thank you Acygan for putting this recipe up!"
Lemon Bundt Cake
Lemon Pound Cake II
Just swipe to see more like this.