Leftover Ham -n- Potato Casserole39 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“An easy cheesy dish that uses up that Christmas or Easter ham! My family looks forward to this one!” - by SweetT
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the ham and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir potatoes into ham mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir Cheddar cheese into the white sauce until melted.
- Pour sauce over ham and potatoes.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs atop casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbly and browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 578 cal
- 35.8 g
- 40.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"Made this with Easter ham from a week ago. - Oh what to do with all that left over ham. Made this and was skeptical. My family loved it - and they are very finikey. Yum! Clean plates - everyone loved..." See more it! Thank you. Didn't change a thing!"
"Ultimate decadent comfort food! Too bad I only have leftover ham about twice/year! This recipe is basically the same as my au gratin potato recipe with the exception of adding the ham and cubing ins..." See moretead of slicing the potatoes. Also used a combo of sharp and extra-sharp cheddar cheese. Thanks for sharing!"
"This was a very tasty and hearty meal!! I was looking for a recipe to use for leftover ham and this one is a keeper! It's quick and easy and my fiance loved it. The only thing I changed was that I add..." See moreed about 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and some green beans. Thanks for the recipe! *Update* I had this next day and added salt to it and it was PERFECT! I thought the ham would be salty enough and didn't want to oversalt it...I was wrong. Add extra salt!"
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Ham, Potato and Broccoli Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.