Macaroni with Ham and Cheese Deluxe4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Not your typical macaroni and cheese meal. Comfort food! A great dish to make using the leftover ham from a previous meal. Nice creamy texture with a tasty combination of onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. My family just loves it!” - by KATHY L.
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cooked macaroni, ham, Monterey Jack cheese, hot pepper Jack cheese, and 2 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese into onion mixture until well blended.
- Gently stir milk into mixture until casserole is creamy, adding additional milk if needed.
- Stir tomato wedges into casserole. Top with 6 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and browned on top, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 453 cal
- 25.3 g
- 32.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was served for a bunco group after Easter....it was wonderful! Just the right amount of spice, creamy texture and the green peppers and tomatoes added a fresh element...." See more"
"I just made this for my family and they all loved it. It has some fresh ingredients that add to the tastefulness of this dish. It is also very easy to prepare, making it a definite addition into my ..." See morerecipe book."
Macaroni and Cheese with Ham, Peas and Shallots
Macaroni and Cheese Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.