Ham and Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A delicious warm appetizer to put out that soon everyone will gobble up. Quick and easy to make with few ingredients. Puts a whole new meaning to ham and cheese!” - by Danielle MacDonald
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut a 1-inch thick slice from the top of round bread loaf; hollow out the loaf to use as a bread bowl. Slice the cut-off top of the loaf into cubes for dipping.
- Combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, ham, green onion, and chives in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high power for about 15 seconds to warm ingredients for easier stirring.
- Spoon cheese mixture into prepared bread bowl; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake filled bread bowl in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until bread bowl is toasted and dip is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve with Italian bread cubes for dipping.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 873 cal
- 38.2 g
- 95.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I used reduced fat cream cheese and I did add some Frank's Hot Sauce and fresh ground pepper. My husband thought this was a little bland. Next time I will double the onions and chives. Other than that..." See more, the boys seemed to like it. As in, they inhaled the whole dip in 20 minutes. EXCELLENT way to use up leftover ham."
"Super easy to make, delicious to eat! Very, very yummy :) I tend to eyeball measurements, so probably more cheese than required. I did initially loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil, then uncove..." See morer it towards end of cooking. I made the dip the night before, so cooking time was longer than stated because it was refrigerated...but well worth the wait!"
Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
Warm French Onion Dip with Crusty Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.