Passover Double Chocolate Almond Torte2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A flourless chocolate torte, fudgy and rich, but kosher for Passover.” - by Stephanie C.
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch torte
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and dust with 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Melt chopped chocolate squares and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk chocolate and butter mixture into egg yolk mixture until well blended.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat sugar into egg whites until sugar dissolves and egg whites hold stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture until just blended and batter is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sides begin to pull away from pan and top is set in center, about 25 minutes.
- Let torte cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the sides of pan.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave on full power for 1 minute. Stir the chips. Continue to heat in 15-second intervals, stirring after each time, until the chocolate chips have melted and are warm and smooth. Do not overheat.
- Drizzle melted chocolate chips onto torte. Sprinkle crushed almonds and a dusting of confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, or as needed, onto the torte before serving..
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 399 cal
- 28.6 g
- 34.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe...I used macadamia nuts/roasted instead of almonds...." See more"
"Absolutely delicious! I am not Jewish, but my daughter's boyfriend is. I was asked to see if I could do some nice options for Passover / Easter dinner. Made this with fresh whipped cream and Gelato, a..." See morelong with the chocolate sauce in the recipe. It was AMAZING! I will do this for any dessert occasion beyond Passover. I did have to take it out 6 minutes early from the oven. I halved the recipe and baked in a stick-free loaf pan. No leftovers. Everyone had seconds!"
Passover Chocolate Torte
Chocolate Passover Sponge Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.