Goat Cheese Apple Walnut Pasta9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A stellar side for some roast pork.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apple; cook and stir until golden around the edges, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and increase heat to medium high and simmer 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in goat cheese, 2 tablespoons at a time, to apple broth mixture, stirring well to incorporate after each addition. Remove from heat.
- Mix apple and goat cheese mixture with drained pasta until combined.
- Stir in walnuts, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 464 cal
- 22 g
- 52.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This was extremely tasty, I think 2 apples would do wonders though...." See more"
"Yum! This would be an excellent Fall side and may even make an appearance at Thanksgiving this year! The flavors work so well together, and you have to like goat cheese to enjoy this pasta. Ditalin..." See morei pasta is a fun shape and really holds the sauce. Another great one, Chef John, thanks!!"
"First: I made this with the ingredients I had on hand (feta instead of goat cheese and almonds instead of walnuts) so I'm sure that affected the outcome. The way I made it was suprisingly good. (I ..." See morewasn't sure I'd like the apple.) Next time I'll have to plan better and actually shop for the right ingredients. Thanks!"
French Apple Pie with Cream Cheese Topping
Apple Walnut Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.