Easy Homemade Pie Crust56 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This pie crust is my personal favorite and is made using a food processor, which makes cutting the butter into the flour very simple. By the way, you can make a double batch of this, and freeze the individually wrapped dough for future pie-related adventures.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 pie crusts
- Combine flour, salt, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 10 1-second pulses.
- Stir water and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pour half the ice water and vinegar mixture into the flour and butter mixture. Pulse to combine, about 3 (1-second) pulses. Pour in remaining ice water and vinegar mixture. Pulse until mixture just starts to come together, about 8 (1-second) pulses.
- Turn dough out onto a wooden surface, pat into round shape and divide in half. Form each half into a disc about 5 inches wide.
- Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 346 cal
- 23.4 g
- 29.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"This is my 1st attempt on making a pie crust from scratch.. so I followed everything exactly and was kinda nervous at first but it came out really well! Flaky and really light! Chef John never fails t..." See moreo impress! Oh and I had some dough left for half a crust, lolz.."
"Exceptional. Very easy instructions. The addition of the vinegar really makes the crust very flaky. I will recommend this recipe to all my friends. The video is very very good. Just a note, use ..." See morethe metal chopping blade, not the dough blade."
"Very very easy, indeed. I ended up with enough for 3 crusts, but I tend to end up with more no matter the recipe--I think maybe my pie pans are small. I used this crust for the Tarte Aux Moutarde (p..." See moreerfect complement!) and the Tomato Pie I, both of which are on here. I did have to add a bit more water, but that is going to depend on your humidity anyway; it isn't the recipe's fault. The crust is very flaky and delicious. A good complement to savory dishes. Thanks for the recipe."
Pie Crust IV
Easy Pie Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.