Always Juicy Baked Ham7 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“A never-fail recipe that is a family favorite. Frequent basting during the cooking time is key to a delicious result. We can't help taking several tester bites while waiting for dinner to be ready. Makes great leftovers for sandwiches. A Maritime tradition with home-baked beans and bakery fresh bread. Also fantastic with potato scallop and buttered green beans.” - by bitsybites
Original recipe yields 1 whole ham
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk beer, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard together in a bowl.
- Place ham cut side up in a large roasting pan; pour beer mixture over ham.
- Bake in the preheated oven until ham begins to brown, about 15 minutes, basting 4 to 5 times.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cover roasting pan with lid or aluminum foil.
- Continue to bake until ham is heated through, about 90 minutes more, basting frequently.
- Remove lid and bake until ham is well browned, about 15 minutes more. Allow ham to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 570 cal
- 42 g
- 1.4 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Hi there! I am the self professed foodie who submitted this recipe, and there is an error in the brown sugar amount. It should read 2 TBSP, and not 1/2tsp. Not sure why that happened, but happy people..." See more have been enjoying our family favourite ham! Just made it for our Easter dinner, and everyone left the table very content! Thanks for the wonderful reviews!"
"I just made this and it is so good! Even my 6 year old who puts ketchup on everything said it was good and didn't put any on hers!!..." See more"
Not So Sweet Baked Ham
Just swipe to see more like this.