Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham41 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Creamy sauce with a mild cheese flavor baked in with ham and peas. This recipe is really easy and I have never had anyone not like it. Plus it's affordable.” - by Suz Boyd
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Layer half the potatoes, half the ham, and half the onion in an 2-quart baking dish; repeat the layers.
- Heat milk, peas, flour, butter, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into sauce until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over potato and ham mixture; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove foil and continue baking until lightly browned, about 15 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 337 cal
- 15.9 g
- 31.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"Tasty and easy recipe! A great way to use up left over ham and cheeses. I didn't have 1/4 pound of cheddar so I threw in the last small chuck of cheddar I had, a bit of Havarti I needed to use up, a..." See morend chunk of colby jack. Fantastic! I will definitely make this again!"
"The taste was really good and the meal was filling. However, it took more than 2 hours to cook rather than 1 hr and 15 minutes. I suggest cooking the potatoes and then, make the dish. If it had not..." See more been for that, I would have given five stars.."
"First time making this, I took it to a pot luck and not a drop was left. On dishes like this, I seldom measure so I know I added a lot more cheese but was careful with the garlic powder. Two easy tric..." See moreks: Just mix the potatoes with the cheese mixture and put it all in the crock pot. Then I poured the mushroom sauce on top and worked it through the dish. Saves a lot of unnecessary fussing. Also, I put the entire dish in the microwave for 20 minutes. It ensured that the potatoes were fully cooked without pre-cooking them. I let it cook the full 4 hours which made it cheesy. This is a keeper - winter or summer."
Leftover Ham -n- Potato Casserole
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Just swipe to see more like this.