Cherry Bomb Chicken41 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 40 min
“Thanks to the magic of brining, this really will almost guarantee a juicy, tasty piece of chicken.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine water, kosher salt, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook until sugar and salt dissolve, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Score the skin side of each piece of chicken 2 to 3 times, about 1/8 inch deep. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl or lidded container.
- Puree cherry tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, and allspice with the salt and sugar mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Pour tomato brine over chicken pieces, making sure all pieces are covered. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken pieces and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine thyme, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
- Brush each chicken piece with thyme and oil mixture.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, on the preheated grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn each piece and move to indirect heat. Cook until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Brush each piece with Thai sweet chile sauce. Transfer to a plate and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 490 cal
- 25.3 g
- 22.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely amazing!!! I must admit I was scared of the habanero peppers so I substituted with jalapenos...BUT next time I am making exactly as the recipe says. Definitely making this again, and again,..." See more and again!!!! UPDATE: Remade with the habanero peppers, DELICIOUS!! Don't change a thing. Also, if you have questions watch Chef John's video on this recipe...it is extremely helpful!"
"The PERFECT bbq chicken! I had never tried to grill chicken before, so I was nervous. It turned out amazing, and all 3 people I made dinner for told me it was the best bbq chicken they had ever had! N..." See moreext time I make it (which will be soon), I am thinking about adding some fresh pineapple to the brine. Amazing!"
Spicy Mediterranean Chicken with Sausage-Stuffed Cherry Peppers
Southern Style Chicken and Dumplings
Just swipe to see more like this.