Candied Bacon17 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This makes a great party snack.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place bacon slices on cooling rack set over a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon and brush both sides with brown sugar mixture. Return bacon to the oven and bake another 5 minutes. Repeat basting every 5 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 187 cal
- 10.4 g
- 13.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"Candied bacon is exactly right! It took an hour to get to the point of doneness in my photo, and that was turning it up for the last 15 minutes. I did everything that was listed in the recipe, and th..." See moree results were worth it. Interesting. I had a package of bacon that weighed 1.25 pounds, and half I used for this and half I fried as usual. The ingredients for the candied part was just right for that amount of bacon. The saltiness of the regularly fried bacon was so pronounced after tasting the candied bacon! We had friends over for brunch, and the guys preferred the regular, but we gals loved the candied. We were thinking of cutting the bacon in half, skewering it on pretty little sticks, and serving it for a party. Trust me, it would be a hit! Thanks again, as usual, Chef John!"
"Double this recipe or you will cry because you run out of delicious candied bacon and you will want MORE! Any thick cut bacon works great. I followed another reviewer's tip of doubling the maple syrup..." See more the second time I made this recipe. Very good."
Spiced Bacon Twists
Just swipe to see more like this.