Sister Beth's Carrot Cake0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“One of my sisters, Beth, learned how to make carrot cake in home economics class in 1978. A few years ago I asked her to write down what she remembered from the recipe. Only remembering two-thirds of the ingredients, I completed the recipe by trial and error. It was worth all the effort. Simply delicious.” - by Food Eater
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk vegetable oil, white sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Stir oil mixture into flour mixture until a well-mixed batter forms.
- Fold carrots, pineapple, coconut, and walnuts into batter; pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter, and a dash vanilla extract together in a bowl until well blended; spread over cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 614 cal
- 36 g
- 69.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Carrot Pineapple Cake I
Mom's Carrot Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.