Waldorf Salad Nouveau1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“A light fruit salad in the Waldorf salad style.” - by cookingmama
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Toast walnuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until walnuts are fragrant and begin to release oil, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl of cold water; place pear slices, apple slices, and Asian pear in the water, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Arrange 1 lettuce leaf, 1 watercress leaf, and 1 sliced strawberry decoratively on top of each other on 4 salad plates.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar together in a small bowl for the dressing; season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine black raisins and golden raisins in a small bowl.
- Place 3 to 4 slices pear, apple, and Asian pear in fan-shape on each lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle raisins and walnuts, and drizzle dressing over fruit slices.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 327 cal
- 21 g
- 35.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made this salad based on how good it sounded and am glad I did. I wound up adding a little bit of sugar and lemon to the dressing, and threw in some bleu cheese (and chicken for my Dad) at the end, ..." See morebut overall I thought this was very good. I wasn't quite sure how the salad was supposed to look so I made it sliced per the description, took a photo, then chopped up the rest and made it like a regular Waldorf. See both photos and make it your own way! Either way, this was a good salad, and more filling than you would think."
Morgan's Waldorf Salad
Lime Jell-O(R) Waldorf Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.