Crunchy Bok Choy Salad2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A nice alternative to the usual summer grill accompaniments of potato or macaroni salad with the added benefit of no mayo! Tasty with a surprising crunch. Very addictive.” - by LifeLearner
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds on a baking sheet. Drizzle butter over the ramen noodle mixture and toss to coat.
- Toast the ramen noodle mixture in the preheated oven until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk sugar, vegetable oil, vinegar, and soy sauce together in a small bowl for the dressing.
- Place bok choy, onion, and toasted ramen noodle mixture in a large bowl. Toss with dressing until well coated.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 199 cal
- 16 g
- 13 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is awesome. I got some bok choy with my CSA and while I've eaten it, I've never prepared it. I found this recipe and realized I had all of the ingredients already so I settled on this fo..." See morer my inaugural run with bok choy. I only made a couple of changes - my bok choy wasn't as big as I think the recipe calls for, so I halved the dressing and only used two packets of ramen noodles (full amount of butter, though. Hehe.) Other than that, I had to use white wine vinegar because I didn't have any red wine vinegar. Finally, I tossed in some shrimp to make it more of a dinner salad. The end result blew my mind. I was nervous about the ramen noodle mixture, but it turned out so well that my husband and I were just eating it straight off the cookie sheet. Speaking of the hubs, I fully expected him to refuse to eat it, but he ate it and requested I make it again the very next night. And the kicker about this recipe is that it's so EASY! The proportions of the dressing are spot on - even when I halved it. This was a delicious, quick weeknight meal that I know will please the picky husband, so thank you for an awesome recipe!"
Yummy Bok Choy Salad
Bok Choy Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.