Lemon Syrup0 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Refreshing and sweet like lemonade. Delicious on gingerbread with a little whipped cream.” - by goodeats
Original recipe yields 3 cups
- Heat lemon juice, water, sugar, lemon zest, and cornstarch in a pot over medium heat. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon syrup into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles.
- Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Process jars in boiling water in a large pot for 10 minutes; remove jars from pot and allow to cool.
- Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 72 cal
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 19.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Microwave Lemon Curd
Buttery Maple Syrup
Just swipe to see more like this.