Wine-Braised Beef Brisket6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“This is yummy the day you make it, but is even more delicious the next day.” - by RickyBobby
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix thyme, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl and rub the mixture over both sides of brisket.
- Heat olive oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat; place brisket in the hot oil and brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove brisket from pan and set aside.
- Place red onion slices into the hot roasting pan and cook and stir until onion is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beef broth, tomato sauce, and wine.
- Place the brisket back into the roasting pan and cover pan with foil.
- Roast the brisket in the preheated oven for 1 hour; remove foil and baste brisket with pan juices. Place foil back over roasting pan and roast brisket until very tender and pan sauce has thickened, 1 1/2 to 2 more hours.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 327 cal
- 25.1 g
- 3.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I cook brisket 2-3 times per year and have tried several different recipes. This one came out so tender that if it had been on a bone it would have fallen off! I'll definitely do it again...." See more"
"Made this dish over the weekend and it was a complete hit. I reduced and thickened the braising liquid, cut the brisket and put it back in the roasting pan to serve. It was tender, tasty and all aro..." See moreund wonderful. I'm surprised more folks haven't reviewed it."
Simply the Easiest Beef Brisket
Spicy Beef Brisket
Just swipe to see more like this.