Sensational Slow Cooked Beef Brisket9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 5 min
“Beef brisket cooked to perfection with the perfect blend of seasonings. So tender you can cut it with a fork.” - by Cajun Girl
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set spice mixture aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and shallots until mushrooms have released their liquid, 5 to 8 minutes. Set mushroom mixture aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce. Rub beef brisket thoroughly with spice mixture; place brisket into the margarine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Brown the brisket well on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. As the Worcestershire sauce cooks into the brisket, pour in more, about 1/2 cup at a time, until 1 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce has been added.
- Place a rack into a heavy Dutch oven; place the brisket onto the rack. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce pan drippings, red wine, water, garlic, and beef broth. Top the brisket with the mushroom mixture. Drizzle 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce over the mushrooms and top with 2 tablespoons sliced unsalted margarine.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake brisket in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and bake 1 more hour. Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C) and bake 1 additional hour. Baste with pan drippings every hour.
- Let the brisket rest for about 20 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with pan gravy.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 624 cal
- 46.1 g
- 16.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I will give this 5 stars but did not serve 10 as it was that good my guest went back for seconds...." See more"
"The mushrooms are to die for! My guests raved about this one. I would suggest cooking on low longer for more tender meat. Don't skip on the wine and butter!..." See more"
"Excellent! Skipped the mushrooms and shallots because my husband doesn't like them. Worchestershire sauce stunk up the house horribly and I was afraid the brisket was going to be disgusting. But it co..." See moreuld not have been better!! Incredibly tender and flavorful. Can't wait to make it again!"
Bangin' Smokey Beef Brisket
Spicy Beef Brisket
Just swipe to see more like this.