Alane's Hanukkah Brisket3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 4 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 12 hr 50 min
“This brisket will literally fall apart in your mouth. The recipe was given to me by my Jewish friend. We made it for a work potluck and it was a hit.” - by Marlene
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a large roasting pan over medium-high heat and sear beef brisket, fat side down at first, until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Place onion slices into the bottom of the roasting pan; pour 1 can beef broth, 1 can French onion soup, and 1 can beer over the onions.
- Lay the brisket into the roasting pan; pour remaining cans of beef broth, French onion soup, and beer over the brisket. Cover the roasting pan with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Remove from oven and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove cooled brisket from roasting pan and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Pour pan juices and onion into a food storage container and cover tightly with a lid. Refrigerate beef and pan juices overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour pan juices and onion into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Unwrap the brisket, cut away any visible fat, and slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Place brisket slices into the pan juices.
- Return to oven and bake until pan juices are thickened and meat is hot, about 45 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 394 cal
- 26.6 g
- 11.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Yumm! Thanks for the great recipe! This was incredibly easy to prepare, and although it was time consuming, the end result was worth it. I only used a 3 and 1/2 pound brisket, so I used one can less o..." See moref both beer and beef broth. I will definitely make this again."
"I'm 71 years old have eaten brisket all of my life but never anything as incredible as this recipe. Marvelous taste, fork tender, truly the ONLY recipe I'll use for brisket from now on...." See more"
Simply the Easiest Beef Brisket
Just swipe to see more like this.