Honey Skirt Steak Appetizer with Horsey Sauce1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 25 min
“Every time I serve this, I get phone calls asking for the recipe. So here is the secret to my famous Honey Skirt Steak for all of those that have asked. Told you it is easy! A great before-dinner treat or side dish. If done right, this will blow your socks off. The skirt will have a honey glaze complemented with a nice horseradish sauce. Very easy, very fast, and a load of complements to follows. Horsey Sauce is to your preferred taste. I prefer to cut the horseradish with mayo instead of sour cream - I like a sharper flavor to my sauce. Sour cream could be used, of course.” - by JKana77
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Pound skirt steak briefly on each side with the textured side of a meat mallet.
- Cut a piece of parchment twice as long as the skirt steak; place steak on top half of the paper. Rub top of steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; drizzle 1 tablespoon honey in an S-shaped line down the top of the steak.
- Fold bottom of the parchment paper up over the steak; flip steak over and peel the parchment paper from the unseasoned side of steak. Repeat seasoning with remaining 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 more tablespoon honey.
- Fold parchment paper tightly around steak, folding the edges over several times so honey can't leak out. Place wrapped steak in a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Lay steak on the hot grill; grill for 1 minute, then use tongs to flip steak and move to another area of the hot grate. Continue flipping and moving the steak at 1-minute intervals until the steak is very well seared on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes in all. Inside of meat should still be pink.
- Remove steak and wrap in aluminum foil; let rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting the steak diagonally across the grain into 1/2-inch strips.
- Mix horseradish, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; serve as dipping sauce with steak.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 110 cal
- 6.3 g
- 8.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I had never tasted a steak that was anything like this before. It still has strong steak flavor but the ingredients that go with it just don't make it amazing. I wasn't a fan but my husband loves stea..." See morek and appreciates any steak put on the table."
Bubba's Barbequed Skirt Steak
Grilled Chipotle Skirt Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.