Garlic Broccoli Salad1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“This broccoli salad is perfect to bring to a summer grill-out or to have as a side dish with your favorite meal. Broccoli is a great source of fiber and calcium.” - by MissaLissa
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring the water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse broccoli under cold water until chilled; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir pine nuts in the olive oil until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Whisk rice vinegar, vegetable oil, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer broccoli, pine nuts, and raisins to rice vinegar dressing; toss to coat.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 140 cal
- 9.2 g
- 12.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"We thought this was ok. I think I might have preferred keeping the broccoli raw and having the extra crunch. The broccoli on its own was lacking flavor. Salt helped a bit. I also had to add extra vine..." See moregar and oil because there didn't seem to be enough to really coat everything. The pine nuts added a nice texture and I liked the sweetness from the raisins. Both these ingredients make the dish, however they tend to sink down to the bottom of the bowl and it's hard to get some in every bite. This recipe is off to a good start, however I'd recommend adding more seasonings."
Delicious Broccoli Cranberry Salad
Chinese-Style Broccoli Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.