Creamy Ricotta Pie2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 35 min
“This is a creamy pie, not a dense cheesecake. For crust-challenged individuals (like myself), this is for you. The crust is cookie-like. Whenever I am invited to visit friends and ask if I can bring something, they always request this pie.” - by lashley
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, shortening, 2 eggs, baking powder, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until dough comes together.
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish, reserving about 1 tablespoon of dough for topping.
- Beat ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth; pour cheese filling into prepared pie dish.
- Divide reserved dough into 3 balls. Flatten balls and arrange atop pie filling.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar over pie, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and filling begins to firm, about 75 minutes.
- Chill pie in refrigerator until fully firm, about 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 549 cal
- 24.6 g
- 62.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"...this was just like my Italian grandmother's recipe...now we change it a bit with 8 oz ricotta and 8 oz of mascarpone...and then put about 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips in the pie too. We are fro..." See morem Bari, Italy; there for the differing cheeses."
"I made this as written no changes. It was a hit at my house! The next time I make it I will just cut out a shape in the remaining dough and set it in the center. Without a picture I didn't know wh..." See moreere to put the 3 circles of dough and as you can see from the pic I posted,they look kind of silly!"
Ricotta Cheese Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.