Spicy Mediterranean Chicken with Sausage-Stuffed Cherry Peppers7 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This is an intense food experience, not for the bland palettes of the world: succulent chicken thighs, artichoke hearts, olive, pepperoncini, and sausage-stuffed cherry peppers!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl; season with black pepper, cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Stuff each cherry pepper generously with Italian sausage. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs, skin-side down, in pan and brown, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and brown other side, about 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook onion in the Dutch oven with pinch of salt over medium-high heat; cook and stir until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in garlic, herbes de Provence, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in pepperoncini and juices; cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken, skin-side up, in a single layer on top of the onions and pepperoncinis in the Dutch oven. Pour stock into the pan until almost covering the chicken.
- Sprinkle artichoke hearts, olives, and stuffed cherry peppers over top of chicken.
- Return to medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and roast in preheated oven until sausage is cooked through and liquid is bubbling, about 1 hour.
- Garnish with chopped basil, oregano, and marjoram.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 389 cal
- 25.2 g
- 15.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"My 1st Mediterranean dish and I loved it. I think this dish is so versatile that you can use maybe cabbage instead of artichokes, fresh green or red peppers chopped, and 1/2 pound of Italian sausage..." See more rolled into small meatballs. I will make again and again. TY"
"This recipe was awesome. If you like spicy, this is just that. The flavor was great. Not boring at all! even my picky husband liked it...." See more"
Chicken Chorizo on Quinoa with Peppers
Roasted Mediterranean Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.