Simply Roasted Artichokes10 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“Wrap and roll! This recipe is so simple it's hard to call it a recipe.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 artichokes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place artichokes stem-side down in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Slightly separate the artichoke leaves with your hands.
- Insert a knife blade into the center of each artichoke to create a garlic clove-size space.
- Drizzle each artichoke with olive oil.
- Press 1 clove of garlic into the center of each artichoke and season with salt.
- Tightly wrap each artichoke twice with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place in baking dish and bake in the preheated oven until sizzling, about 1 hour 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 204 cal
- 13.8 g
- 19.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is amazing. I've tried it with regular sea salt and kosher salt, and kosher salt is definitely the way to go. Make sure that lemon juice gets on their fast, because they brown quickly. ..." See more It's even better with baby artichokes, because you can eat the inner leaves whole."
"This is a quick and easy way to cook an artichoke. Couldn't find commercial-grade foil, so I used three sheets of regular foil. Whole egg mayonnaise makes a fresh dipping sauce. I'll use this recipe a..." See moregain."
Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes (or Sunchokes)
Lemon Artichokes and Eggs
Just swipe to see more like this.