Chef John's Crab Cakes62 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 23 min
“These are what crab cakes are supposed to be like. They are basically a fried lump of crabmeat, held together with a minimum of filler. Delicious!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 crab cakes
- Mix saltine crackers, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in crabmeat until mixture is combined but still chunky. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Shape chilled crab mixture into 4 small thick patties; coat completely with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-heat; cook crab cakes until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 297 cal
- 15 g
- 10.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (62)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! If you are looking for a true Maryland crab cake, look no further. This is it! I have lived in Maryland, minutes from the Chesapeake Bay for 25 years, and this is practically identical to..." See more mine (I just use 12 crushed Ritz crackers, no bread crumbs), but I will try Chef John's version. I'm very lucky, get fresh crabmeat all summer and Old Bay is a must, if you can get it. You must try this recipe!"
"Your searching for the perfect recipe is over! This is crabmeat held together with an egg and crackers. Serve with tartar sauce and enjoy!..." See more"
Crab Cakes III
Bonnie's Crab Cakes
Just swipe to see more like this.