Chicken Breasts with Chipotle Green Onion Gravy48 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“This delicious chicken recipe includes a simple exercise in pan gravy perfection. If I only had one day to teach someone how to cook, you better believe this archetypal sauce recipe would be one of the first things I'd demonstrate.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on high heat until it begins to shimmer, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook chicken breasts until browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer cooked chicken to a warm plate and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in the skillet; stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan; cook and stir until gravy begins to simmer and thicken, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and chipotle chile powder.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 333 cal
- 22.2 g
- 4.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"I was looking for something different to do with my chicken breasts and this recipe was on the front page including a video on how to prepare. So easy and tasty and a big hit with the family! Didn't..." See more have to run to the grocery store because I had everything on hand. *I lied - except for the chipotle seasoning! I did a web search and found I could use a paprika, red pepper with a dash of chili powder as a substitute. About 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/8 red pepper and a dash of chili powder. Will look for chipotle seasoning for the next time I make this!"
"This was awesome and super easy! The only change I made was to scale this to 6 servings and used vegetable broth instead of chicken...." See more"
"I could not find chipotle chile powder so I used cajun seasoning. Put a bit on the chicken too. Gravy was so good. Watch the video if you are not a gravy expert and you will master it!! I also shr..." See moreedded the leftover chicken and mixed it with the gravy for lunch the next day. Gravy is awesome"
Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce
Raspberry Vinegar Chicken Breasts
Just swipe to see more like this.