Good Frickin' Paprika Chicken4 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“While this is a pretty straightforward grilled chicken recipe, the vinaigrette at the end was a last minute touch that worked out nicely. I really like oil and vinegar-based sauces on grilled meats. They work beautifully with the smoky, caramelized exterior.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk together yogurt, garlic, 3 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon hot chile paste, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix in chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the bag and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels. Season with salt.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar, ketchup, 1/8 teaspoon hot chile paste, pinch paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Grill chicken, skin-side down, on the preheated grill for 4 minutes with grill lid closed.
- Turn chicken and grill with lid closed until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
- Spoon sherry vinegar mixture over cooked chicken and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 618 cal
- 41.3 g
- 5.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good chicken marinade although it could use a bit of kosher salt in the marinade. I marked this down a star because the 'glaze' has a lot more Olive Oil than it really needs and makes far to..." See moreo much for the chicken. I used the left over to marinate some peppers & onions to grill the next day. Thanks for an inspiring recipe Chef John."
"This was excellent! Marinade was wonderful. For the sauce after its cooked, I'd probably go with half the amount of sherry vinegar next time but thats just a personal preference on my part. I also mig..." See moreht try a little cornstarch to thicken it a bit. But overall this was a delicious recipe and pretty easy to make. My two kids loved it, my seven year old even asked for seconds :) Chef John, thanks for the recipe..."
Perfect Baked Jerk Chicken
Deviled Chicken I
Just swipe to see more like this.