Byron's Delicious Strawberry Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“I hunted around for a while looking for a good strawberry cake recipe and finally after a couple of attempts and some tweaking of the recipe I came up with this amazing strawberry cake!” - by ByronTheCook
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cover the bottoms of one 8-inch springform pan and one 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper or grease and lightly flour.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large measuring cup.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, strawberry extract, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, and milk, 1/3 cup at a time, into butter mixture until a well-blended batter forms; stir strawberry puree into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 266 cal
- 13.3 g
- 32.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cake the other night - I'm torn between the rating to give, and may remake this cake and adjust the rating based on the second outcome. First up - the only company I'm aware of to make st..." See morerawberry extract is Watkins - which fortunately I had a brand new bottle and thus why I made this recipe. I scaled the recipe back to make 8 servings and used regular cake tins. I found this cake to be dense and quite heavy which surprised me as the batter was remarkable light/airy and reminded me of a boxed cake mix. I couldn't detect a noticeable strawberry taste either. The cake took on a somewhat muted pink tone that wasn't so detectable after it had been baked, frosted and cut. The recipe didn't suggest the cake be frosted but I used an all butter buttercream frosting and used a dark chocolate drizzle w/ fresh strawberries on top."
"I made this cake today and was disappointed. I was expecting more strawberry flavor...it didn't have much flavor to me. My husband liked it though, so I guess it wasn't that bad. I made the vanilla..." See more glaze (substituting strawberry extract for vanilla) for it and that was good. I also made mine in a 9X13 pan instead of springform pans and it was done in 30 minutes."
Cottage Pudding (Cake for Strawberry Shortcake)
Best Ever Strawberry Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.