Chocolate Strawberry Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This sweet strawberry cake has a rich chocolate filling.” - by Loves2Bake
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour three round 9-inch baking pans.
- Sift flour, 2 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; cut shortening into flour mixture until fine crumbs are formed.
- Beat egg whites, milk, strawberry syrup, and vanilla extract into flour mixture with an electric mixer on low for 1 minute; increase to high until smooth and blended, about 2 more minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat on High in microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on High until combined, 1 minute; stir chocolate into mixture until well mixed.
- Gently fold whipped topping, pudding mix, and chocolate sandwich cookies into cream cheese mixture to form the filling.
- Spread about 1/3 filling on top of one cake. Place second cake atop filling layer. Repeat with a filling layer, the third cake, and a final layer of filling on top.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 537 cal
- 24.3 g
- 74.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made this exactly as stated in the recipe. I'm sorry it wasn't for us - it turned out dry and we didn't care for the flavor...." See more"
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake
Idahoan Potato Chocolate Cake Pops
Just swipe to see more like this.