Buttercream-Coconut Cake Icing13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 15 min
“This simple icing recipe pairs perfectly with ANY type of cake!” - by Rizzy Fischer
Original recipe yields 3 cups
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth; beat in vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat confectioners' sugar into butter mixture until well blended. The mixture will appear dry.
- Stir enough milk into butter mixture to achieve desired consistency for icing.
- Fold half the coconut into the icing; spread icing over cake.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut and pecans over icing.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 268 cal
- 16.9 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Most buttercream frosting recipes are good, especially with some tweaking. This one is excellent without it. Rich, smooth,creamy and not too sweet. A little less powdered sugar in this recipe than ..." See moremost makes all the difference. I didn't add the pecans, and chose to sprinkle the coconut on top, but with or without those additions, this is one of the best buttercream frostings around. However, I always use hi-ratio shortening in any frosting recipe calling for shortening and it, too, makes all the difference. One recipe generously frosted 12 cupcakes."
"Wow! So for me, I was looking for a recipe that didn't include anymore egg whites-I already used 3 for my cake- that would go along with my coconut cake. This icing is LOVELY. (I made this for mother..." See more's day and excluded the pecans-my mom's allergic) I also just put in a few hand fulls of coconut rather than a full bag, just enough for flavor. Once I iced my cake, I covered it with full on coconut chunks (unsweetened). It looked beautiful!"
German Chocolate Cake Frosting II
Milky Way(R) Cupcake Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.