Cheddar Cauliflower Soup2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Want to sneak extra vegetables into your family's diet? This soup is for you! Carrots help color this tasty dish the same color as cheddar cheese. Disguised vegetables add nutritional benefit to your family's diet. This blended soup freezes very well and is always a hit at our dinner table.” - by tgirlz
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is transparent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, potatoes, and carrots into onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain vegetables from chicken broth with a slotted spoon. Puree vegetables in a food processor, working in batches.
- Return pureed vegetables to broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir cauliflower, dill, and mustard powder into broth mixture.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into broth mixture, in small batches, until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 248 cal
- 12.4 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was just ok for us. Despite reading the prior reviews, I was still surprised at how bland this soup was, even with increasing the dill weed and ground mustard. Mr. LTH liked that it was "hearty..." See more", but I wasn't a fan of the texture. I'm glad to be getting a lot of nutrients, but I don't think we'll make this one again. Thanks for the recipe, tgirlz!"
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Easy Cauliflower Soup with Fresh Ginger
Just swipe to see more like this.