Beer Batter Cauliflower0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“There are a lot of beer batter recipes out there but this recipe from my mother-in-law rises above. She always uses cauliflower as the main ingredient, but any favorite vegetable will be a success. Ever had beer battered jalapenos? (Rough up the outside so the batter sticks!)” - by BAJATHECAT
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Heat 1 quart vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk beer, egg yolk, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- Pour beer mixture into flour mixture; stir to form a batter.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl; continue to beat until medium peaks form. The tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly when you lift the whisk or beat straight up.
- Fold egg whites into batter, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Toss cauliflower in the batter until fully coated.
- Deep fry small batches of battered cauliflower in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined oven-proof plate. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 168 cal
- 9.9 g
- 14.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Fried Cauliflower (Egyptian Style)
Just swipe to see more like this.