Purple Cauliflower Pasta0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I was drawn to a purple cauliflower at the market and brought it home. Was too afraid to ruin its beautiful colour by boiling it to death, so I made a quick cauliflower pasta flavored with sliced garlic, walnuts, and rosemary.” - by schnitzell
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Place walnuts in the hot skillet; continually cook and stir walnuts until toasted and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and chop walnuts.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove garlic from pan and set aside.
- Cook and stir cauliflower and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in the same pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over cauliflower. Cook and stir cauliflower until balsamic vinegar has reduced, about 1 minute.
- Stir walnuts, cooked garlic, red pepper flakes, and rosemary into cauliflower mixture until well combined.
- Stir cooked rotini and reserved 1/2 cup cooking water into cauliflower mixture until well blended. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and Parmesan cheese over rotini and cauliflower mixture.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 289 cal
- 12.6 g
- 37.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Cauliflower and Potato Stir-Fry - East Indian Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.