Cauliflower Custard3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A savory custard vegetable side dish that is different and delicious. The result is a creamed-custard cauliflower sensation that even the pickiest children enjoy!” - by JULAINE59
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan and cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, 10 to 15 minutes; drain and transfer cauliflower to prepared casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and parsley in the melted butter until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowing pour 1 cup milk into flour mixture. Cook and stir milk mixture until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes; pour over cauliflower.
- Whisk eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and white pepper in a bowl; pour over cauliflower mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the custard is set, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 155 cal
- 8.7 g
- 12.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This was really lacking in flavor. Not delicate, not plain, not simple....it was bland. With some garlic/onion/hot sauce this could definitely be a 5 star dish. The texture was fabulous and the eas..." See moree of preparation was refreshing-no canned soups, processed cheese, etc. I used 2 tbsp of flour instead of three as the standard ratio for a roux is 1:1 butter and flour. It was perfect--if there would have been 3 then I could see the custard being extremely clumpy and thick. If I make this again, I would definitely add a lot more flavoring agents. Thanks for a no fuss--no massively processed food ingredient casserole! Though their favorite cauliflower recipe is Roasted Garlic Cauliflower from this site...my eaters enjoyed it too, so it's in the keeper box."
"I loved this! I halved the recipe and only used 1 egg. It turned out great!..." See more"
Cauliflower Au Gratin
Erik's Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.