Nichole's Chicken Cauliflower Soup7 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A wonderfully light but filling soup. Perfect on a cold night with a loaf of sourdough bread.” - by Nichole7423
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir celery, carrots, onion, and garlic into the hot olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth and milk into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower to vegetables and chicken broth mixture. Reduce heat to medium and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir potatoes, chicken, and Parmesan cheese into vegetables and broth; simmer until chicken is heated and cheese is melted, 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 211 cal
- 7 g
- 25.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"To make a better outcome of roasted potatoes, I took some of the olive oil that was set to saute the vegetables in and I drizzled it over the cubed potatoes and seasoned them with salt/pepper before r..." See moreoasting. I didn't use the full amounts of salt/pepper, milk or parmesan cheese. I just added to taste. I really wanted to watch the calorie count and a thicker soup. This soup was very filling and I loved the combination of all the ingredients. The potatoes and cauliflower fooled me into thinking I was having a rich potato soup when it was really cauliflower soup with a hint of potato. GREAT for me as I'm watching my carbs but I miss my potatoes terribly. I'd like to make this again but I think I would roast the cauliflower with the potatoes next time and maybe add a little more garlic. As is, GREAT soup."
"i did not have celery so i used sweet peppers. also used celery salt in place of the reg. salt. it was liked by everyone...." See more"
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.