Savory Bacon and Crab Bread Pudding Eggs Benedict5 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 23 min
- Ready In: 48 min
“This will certainly make any brunch special, especially a Mother's Day brunch, which will be here before you know it.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Butter the insides of 2 (10-ounce) ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- Place bread cubes into a large bowl, set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir bacon in hot oil until browned and almost crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove excess oil from skillet and discard.
- Stir in onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in red pepper and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and heavy cream; cook until mixture begins to simmer, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour cream mixture over bread cubes and mix thoroughly until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in 1 egg, lemon juice, tarragon, and lemon zest.
- Mix in crabmeat, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon Mixture into perpared ramekins and bake in a preheated oven until topsare golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from oven and top each bread pudding with a poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over each egg. Garnish with cayenne pepper.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 717 cal
- 48.7 g
- 43.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"My husband loves Eggs Benedict and he rates this as a keeper. I made it for dinner as I'm not of fan of crab for breakfast. This makes 2 hearty servings so can be made into 4 smaller servings. It's..." See more a rich dish so I would prefer the smaller serving."
"Oh my. This is beyond yummy! A little less tarragon next time I make it just due to personal taste...." See more"
Mom's Baked Egg Muffins
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Strata
Just swipe to see more like this.