Braised Chicken and Artichoke Hearts with Lemon, Cherry Peppers and Thyme5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Even though there are not a lot of different ingredients in this braised chicken dish, those used in this recipe offer a wide range of textures and tastes.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 Chicken leg sections with broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Coat bottom of a Dutch oven with olive oil and place over high-heat. Sear chicken until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Stir onion, garlic, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes into the Dutch oven; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and return to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Return chicken to the Dutch oven. Stir in artichoke hearts, cherry peppers, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Cover Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven. Cook until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove Dutch oven and transfer chicken to a warm plate.
- Stir beans into the Dutch oven with broth and artichoke mixture.
- Serve each chicken leg quarter in a bowl. Pour a ladle-full of artichoke, bean, and broth mixture over each.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 707 cal
- 34.9 g
- 28 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was fantastic! In spite of what the chef says, Peppadew peppers are the real secret ingredient. Don't be tempted to use cherry peppers, it will not be the same and not in a good way!..." See more"
"If you like hot spicy food this is a must! The only thing I did differently is cut the chicken off the bone and added it to the soup instead of pouring the soup over the chicken leg. I also used a lit..." See moretle extra chicken broth to make it more like a soup. It was awesome would make it again!"
"Terrific! Made as written using Mazzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers. Could not find butter beans so I substituted with Cannellini. Also had about 6 large button mushrooms which I quartered and added with th..." See moree artichoke. I would say that this had medium heat, which suits my wife and me just fine. Will definitely make again."
Chicken Piccata with Artichoke Hearts
Lemony Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
Just swipe to see more like this.