Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“Macaroni salad can sometimes be a little boring. So one day I just started adding extra ingredients and this is what I came up with. The whole family love's it! This recipe is even better if served the next day so that all of the flavors are well-incorporated. Enjoy!” - by ReneeW.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; drain on a plate lined with paper towels until cool. Crumble the bacon.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Rinse macaroni with cold water until cool; drain.
- Mix cooled macaroni, crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, red onion, green bell pepper, ranch salad dressing mix, and Cheddar cheese together in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 583 cal
- 35.3 g
- 47.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I used red bell pepper instead of green, reduced fat mayonnaise and homemade dry ranch seasoning mix. My husband and kids liked it but it was unanimous that it needs double the bacon, for us at least...." See more Great quick pasta salad. EDITED: My husband said this was even better the next day, after it had sat. He ate all the leftovers."
"I'm always happy to be the first reviewer of a new recipe and report that I enjoyed it and recommend it. This is not a unique pasta salad, but it's a good one, and the submitter is correct - the bacon..." See more and cheddar DOES make it better. In this case, I needed something at the last minute and this was good, filling and simple. I find that often it's the basic recipes, the non-fussy, non-fancy recipes, that are the best. I stuck pretty much to the submitter's intent, only adding a little sour cream as I always do to mayonnaise-based salads to mellow out the tang of the mayo, and some thawed, frozen peas. This was exactly what I had in mind for our impromptu, grilled burgers dinner tonight."
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Macaroni Salad
Simple Macaroni Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.