Kara's Summer Salad1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a refreshing and fulfilling pasta salad that has enough protein to be eaten alone as a small meal. The ingredients are more unique and sometimes healthier than many other macaroni salad dishes out there. This was created in my own kitchen recently, enjoy!” - by Karebear98
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook edamame in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Stir mayonnaise, celery seed, paprika, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss macaroni, edamame, chicken, eggs, sunflower seed kernels, Cheddar cheese, and green onion in a bowl; add mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat.
- Chill in refrigerator until cold, 30 to 60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 483 cal
- 19.5 g
- 47.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was really good! I did have to add a little more mayo (the warm pasta soaked it up), and omitted the hardboiled eggs (my husband doesn't like them) and the green onions. I added 1/4 tsp garlic po..." See morewder as well after taste testing. I also added 3 stalks diced celery. This was a great lunch! (I didn't use quite as much edamame as called for, because I had to shell mine and it was a pain, it was a great addition though!)"
Refreshing Summer Orzo Salad
Summer Time Fun Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.