Apple Jicama Coleslaw9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“This crispy, crunchy, and extremely refreshing coleslaw recipe features an under-utilized vegetable found in almost every large American grocery store's produce section. I'm talking about jicama.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place cabbage, jicama, and apple in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk mayonnaise, pineapple juice, sugar, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl until mixture is smooth and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over cabbage, jicama, and apple; toss to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro and toss again.
- Garnish with toasted corn bits and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 302 cal
- 22.5 g
- 25.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This is delicious! Very refreshing, loved the crisp element from the apple and jicama! This is a keeper at our house...." See more"
"Great! - A Killer recipe! The Corn Nuts are not optional! Fresh, delicious and oh so good! I served this with Coconut crusted chicken and grilled pineapple and peppers. A perfect meal...." See more"
"My whole family really enjoyed this salad. It was a nice change of pace to traditional coleslaw. My only variation was the CornNuts. I couldn't locate them. (My husband suggested I grab a handful f..." See morerom a bar!) I used sesame sticks instead. I just broke them up a bit and sprinkled them over the top before serving. Delish!!"
Original Old Bay(R) Coleslaw
Apple Slaw With Pineapple
Just swipe to see more like this.