Bacon Ranch Chicken Skewers68 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 16 min
- Ready In: 46 min
“These bacon ranch chicken skewers were intended to star at your next tailgate cookout. They are easy, interesting, and incredibly adaptable.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 12 skewers
- Whisk together ranch dressing and hot chile paste in a large bowl.
- Mix in chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the bag and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Thread a piece of onion about 1 1/2 inches down the skewer.
- Thread the end portion of one strip of bacon onto skewer so the rest of the strip is hanging down. Skewer on a piece of chicken; thread on the next portion of the bacon. Turn the skewer so that the long end of the bacon is again hanging down. Repeat this process of skewering and turning until the entire strip of bacon is threaded, using 4 to 5 chicken pieces.
- Thread a second piece of onion onto the end of the skewer.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 for all twelve skewers.
- Season chicken skewers with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, until nicely browned on all sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center, 12 to 16 minutes total per skewer. Serve with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 441 cal
- 20.2 g
- 21.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (68)Rate This Recipe
"EXCELLENT! If I could give these more stars, I would! I marinated my chicken all day...PERFECT! I did not use any salt, and they didn't need it. Oh, and I used vidalia onion instead of red b/c that's ..." See morewhat I had on hand. This is such a simple, fun recipe w/ delicious results...I will be making these often~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"These were so good. I did not have the chili paste so I put in Franks hot sauce. I marinated the chicken for 24 hours. I will be making this again. Note: I used 2 t. of the hot sauce. I will be ad..." See moreding more next time."
Buffalo Chicken and Ranch Wraps
Bacon Chicken I
Just swipe to see more like this.