Fresh Strawberry Sauce22 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This is an excellent sauce for pies and cakes - especially cheesecakes!” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine strawberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into strawberry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 53 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 13.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"I made this sauce exactly like the recipe except I did not puree the strawberries because I wanted bits of fruit in it. I did have to add a little more cornstarch mixture to thicken it up. With that ..." See moresaid, though, this is a great sauce for pancakes, ice cream, cheesecake, or pound cake. Just the perfect sweetness for my taste."
Simple Strawberry Sauce
Strawberry Mint Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.