Too Cool For School Pumpkin Spice Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“I found this recipe in the teacher's lounge. An unnamed source placed copies of this recipe on a table. It is so delicious and very moist!!” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 1 cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt®).
- Place cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Beat in pumpkin, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vegetable oil, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg with an electric mixer until cake mix is moistened, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs; continue beating batter for 2 more minutes. Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Melt butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat until brown sugar has dissolved; stir in pecans. Spoon half the pecan mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until lightly browned at the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 to 20 minutes, then invert cake onto serving platter. Allow cake to cool completely before drizzling the remaining half of the pecan topping over the cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 490 cal
- 26.9 g
- 59.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I only made one change--instead of vegetable oil in the cake part of this recipe, I used softened butter. Halfway through baking, I did cover my cake with a wedge of foil so it would not burn on top. ..." See moreOh. My. Goodness. This cake is TO. DIE. FOR. I cut wedges of this cake and served it with a dollop of Cool Whip, my family and I LOVE this cake. It's absolutely divine."
"I had some extra pumpkin to use, so I figured this would be great. I didn't read the directions well and almost doubled the pumpkin needed though! I had almost all of a can of large pumpkin pie pumpki..." See moren and used that instead of the recommended amount of pumpkin. It was AMAZING. This is the best cake I have ever made. I have made it a few more times for other people, and they all love it. I did have to let it cook longer though because of the extra moisture, but it worked out well. This has become a staple cake recipe for me."
"This is delicious and easy. It was very moist. My family devoured it in two days. I didn't make any changes to it and it came out perfectly. What's weird is the picture next to the recipe looks like ..." See moreit has chocolate on top, but the recipe doesn't call for it. I guess you could add chocolate chips to the brown sugar glaze that you put on the top."
Pumpkin Crumb Cake
Turkey Spotlight Stealing Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.